Sunday, December 30, 2018

Thanksgiving, November 22 2018

Yesterday I didn't want to see anyone, didn't want to talk, and I still feel a little bit like that this morning, but it's not awful. I want to write cards today. I want to paint. I want to read. I want to enjoy my life. I can walk, I can breathe, I can sing.
Please comfort and protect those who are vulnerable today. Those on the street. Those missing family, or without family. Those whose health is fragile. People will die today. Please open our hearts and homes and wallets to be generous and to pass on the lavish grace You've given us. Lavish. It almost sounds like a bad word.

Please remind me again how adept You are at caring for me and using me even when - especially when - I'm weak. Please speak truth over lies. Please do that for every person struggling today with food or people they'll see. Please provide ways of escape for those who will be tempted. Please unify Your children. Make this a glorious, affirming, beautiful day for my friends and my siblings.

Please, Lord, show us our responsibility to love and humble ourselves toward others, including those we've wronged. Please strengthen the many First Peoples of this continent. Please fight for them. Please renew their hope and spiritual hunger and vision for life. Please raise up leaders that will do Your will and live with integrity, dignity, vision, and wisdom. Please don't let America be a place of blindness, entitlement, abuse, or exploitation. Please make it a place of genuine repentance, compassion, generosity, gratitude, and restraint. Make us prudent, temperate, just, full of fortitude. Make us loving, hopeful, and faithful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment