Sunday, December 30, 2018

Reading Deprivation, November 23 2018

I'm supposed to be in reading deprivation now. As I looked into the benefits, I realized it might be really helpful. Reading might be part of the problem, numbing and overcrowding, overstimulating my brain. I tend to think it helps, but it can get legalistic or addictive. Even Bible reading - less may be more.

Help me, Lord, to meditate on Your Word, to love and desire and live and think it more now, if I choose to read it or not. I am afraid of losing touch, but You Yourself are in and with me, and I have hidden Your Word in my heart. I don't need to be afraid, just humble and obedient. Willing.

Thank You for helping me cry in the shower, bent double, my face stretched like a pegged tent. Quiet retching sobs, hot water pummeling my back.


No comments:

Post a Comment