Saturday, December 15, 2018

Something Dead, November 8 2018

The wasp's nest is in my room. Excuse me, the hornet's nest. I really like it in here, for now. But it's a bit stinky. Like dry saliva or something dead.

I hit a raccoon tonight. I hope I killed it quickly. It was horrible.
I didn't react fast enough to swerve out of the way; it galloped across the road in front of me, and I didn't stop. The car behind me might have avoided the body, I'm not sure, but I definitely crunched it. Back at home I gave a cursory inspection, and found a few wiry white hairs stuck under the nose, near the tire.

The accident interrupted a happy song. Afterward I tried to sing laments. Lacrimosa. I felt I should have done something to pay for that life. What instinct is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment