Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Conflict Resolution, Feb 25 2018

We took a baby step in a good direction tonight.
God, help me not check out. Help me instead to pray, listen, engage, LIVE now. Because this is my life. It's all I've got. And these things now are preparing me for the future.

Help me to see it all that way. And not for the earthly wedding; for my union with You. I want completion. Or, at least, to see things fitting into place, connecting, leading toward something. I've seen it before so many times. But I need to keep seeing it, or I may desecrate the past and curse the future because of my own blindness. Keep my heart's affections where they belong. Keep me loving people not so as to control them, but to see them whole.

To see them whole.

I like that, because it means at least two things: to actively seek their welfare, and to behold them truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment