Sunday, March 18, 2018

This Day is Not Wasted, January 19 2018

This day is not wasted if I come to You. It feel flat, unproductive, guilty.

Show me how to think about it. Is repentance called for? Always. Here I am wanting thrills, and You want to hold my hand. You want communion. You want obedience and praise, not fireworks. Help me celebrate and name what I can. Help me change, and become compassionate. Become open and receptive, a child, as I once imperfectly was.

"Everything comes close, nothing comes in". I feel that again. Let something small and true come in. Something that will take root. Give me Your words, and I will eat them. They will taste like honey, like something made with olive oil, like the finest of wheat. Help me, because I am afraid of not finding them enough. "Jump, and the net will appear."

Guard my susceptible mind tonight. Thank You. Thank You for giving me a soul that hurts, that isn't quite dead yet. Tell me a new story about my life. There will not be a whimpering end. You are not finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment