Sunday, March 18, 2018

Codependency, January 16, 2018

The focus stayed on me a little too long, but it was OK. At least, in that group, there's room to be a little ridiculous and needy and self-absorbed, and be loved anyway. Help me to be that way for others.
It scares me to see and feel this whole "burn-out" friendship thing - CAN we "burn through" each other? What does that say about our friendships and commitments? There's codependency and there's codependency. We need each other. We really do. And if we don't choose to stick it out this time, will we ever?

The going WILL get rough if you're going long enough. But God, how does abuse ever heal? How do we keep going after hurt? What does it look like for brokenness to be redeemed? What is our job, what is Yours? I still stubbornly want rules that apply across the board. No exceptions.

Is there any way to save a friendship after you've said, "You're too much for me, I can't handle you"? It's like our worst fears realized. Like a shaking of the bedrock. It's deep betrayal; you can forgive, I presume, but you can't forget. Remembering and dealing with it becomes a new element of the relationship, interminably. So it seems to me.

God, gracious God, please protect me from breaking what is trusting and sensitive and tender. Make me able to love unconditionally.


No comments:

Post a Comment