Sunday, March 18, 2018

Open Windows and Pancakes, February 21, 2018

Probably the highlight of the day was reading Gaudy Night on the back deck. In the sun. I'm a little sunkissed, and I love it.
The clouds have rolled in, and we're supposed to have rain for the next 4 days. I decided NOT to "take advantage" of the good weather for my projects, but rather for mind & body & soul.

Lying on the deck, my legs propped against the rail and pants rolled to the knees, feeling the fresh air blowing through the unshaved fuzz, and stretching my arms, I felt alive and lovely and wild as I haven't in a long while.

I helped Mom out, here and there. Wrote letters. And made myself pancakes from Dad's spiced whole wheat waffle recipe. This should be remembered: the fresh, sweet air in our house today, from open windows and pancakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment