Wednesday, April 11, 2018

About Wonder, March 21 2018

I'm thankful for these Artist Date days, but I struggle with them, too. For various reasons. For one thing, I can start to think that it's all about self-love, which drifts into selfishness and navel-gazing and feeling dead-ended and rotten.

It's supposed to be about wonder. About looking outside myself, to my creative Creator. To my Lover. Yes, to enjoy, and to delight the senses. But not to wrap myself up in myself. Some self-examination is good, but let it be straightforward, and move on.

I'm having a hard time seeing either tree or forest. I don't think I've done even many small things with great love. Weak lust, perhaps. Or duty. Or moderate inclination. I need Your help.

"Mine, O thou Lord of life, send my roots rain."



Quote: Gerard Manley Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment