Sunday, April 15, 2018

God Who Got Your Hands Dirty, March 24 2018

I'm at the Cove - the COVE! And relishing it.
I would be relishing it more, but have just thrown up my supper in the toilet, and am still feeling nauseous. I'm afraid even fresh haddock isn't going to work for me. I look rather peeled. Scraped. Shucked. Anyway.
What a beautiful thing proper digestion is. Chesterton was right.

Man, there is so much going on in our world and country right now. The March for Our Lives campaign, for instance. And I feel stuck there. Because I truly think we need to reform our gun laws, but I know it's a complex issue. And I have friends on both sides. What is really going to prevent those intent on evil from procuring means to their ends? Not much. Thankfully, these things go both ways. What can stop the person who is doing your will? If God is for us, who can be against us?

Father, please calm me tonight. Please fill this house with Your peace. Please show me Your love even in my blood and vomit. You are the God Who Got Your Hands Dirty.

From silken self, O Captain, free
Thy soldier who would follow Thee.

- Amy Carmichael 


No comments:

Post a Comment