Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Selfish Shelter, March 14 2018

I've been angry - ever since I was a kid - at women who selfishly ask to be sheltered, rather than believing in something better than safety: honor and courage and the right.

Women who stand back trembling while their men do the work.

Yes, I want to be spared, but no, I don't want to be spared. And I'd like to avoid making enemies, but I don't know how that's possible.

How can I be teachable? Humble, but bold in conviction? I'm coming to You because I still believe You care, You are listening, You love me and will answer. I still trust You. And I think that refusing to make peace with sin and injustice and depravity is a way of honoring You, even if seeing these things makes me want to blame You. Don't let me be deceived. Open my eyes. Set me before the essentials. Help me to love, and to keep myself open to love, and to be patient. And fight. Please keep fighting for me. Strip me of everything if You need to, because I'm foremost Yours. "This is one battle I can fight naked."
Clothed by You.



Quote: Dorothy Sayers, "Busman's Honeymoon"

No comments:

Post a Comment