Friday, January 4, 2013

Lines from the months of this last year: April

4.
Help me count myself welcome more often.
Help me welcome.


6. Maundy Thursday
This is one of the best days of my life.


10.
Jesus. The deep, deep love for all of us that You are building inside of me.
Please heal my feet.
I can't see her the way I saw her at first. Our goofus-on-the-roofus today. In the courtyard. "CHASE me!" and dancing. Praying.

It was a quiet evening. Please bless the vegetarian beggar.
Help me rejoice in others.


13. Today. Pigeon caught in the balcony bars.
Walked back alone for the third time.

Running in the park, in drizzle. Oh, help.
Oh, help! I can't stand suggestions. I need cold hard burning certain truth.
Show me. Woo me. Purify me, Lord Jesus.


17.
I am well
I am deeply well
I am a garden
I am a cistern
I am a sister
I am a friend
I am a guardian
I am a well.

Saturday: All Mown, mysterious music shared. Wordless prayers to You.


20.
Oh, to be less self-conscious.

Shame on us.
Humility. Cookies. And hope in Your grace.

Praise to You, Lord Jesus. All wise,
all pure, all gracious.
Brave and strong and obedient
beyond all humanity. Loving.
Amen and amen.

I don't want France. I want You.


22.
And then I realized that all along I had been
trying to capture the light.
And I saw myself. And I was beautiful.

They would feed me vegetables and teach me to cartwheel.


23.
My arms...
[She] took my arm as we walked today.

"The obligations of normal human kindness - chesed, as the Hebrew has it - that we all owe. But there's a kind of vanity in thinking you can nurse the world. There's a kind of vanity in goodness."
-Madeleine L'Engle, "A Ring of Endless Light," 61

"Anything on the side of life's worth a try."
-Ibid, 133

"If I'm confused, or upset, or angry, if I can go out and look at the stars I'll almost always get back a sense of proportion. It's not that they make me feel insignificant, it's the very opposite, they make me feel that everything matters, be it ever so small, and that there's meaning to life even when it seems most meaningless."
-Ibid, 147.

"He made me feel very real, not replete with me at all, only real, and hopeful."
-Ibid, 164

"And nothing loved is ever lost or perished."
-Ibid, 167


29.
Those who hope in You will not be disappointed. Show us! Is that true?
Then show us!



No comments:

Post a Comment