Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Lines from the months of this last year: February

February

3.
Jesus, please use me to make families of people wherever I go.
And I pray for the peace of Jerusalem.


10.
"There is an earned innocence, I believe, which is as much to be honored as the innocence of children."

-Marilynne Robinson

11.
Thank You for giving me life, breath, digestion, and laughter.


12.
Imagine for the good of others.

I should not call common what God has made holy.


14.
Help me to give others credit for being more, different, than I expect them to be.

"But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness."
-Proverbs 14:22b NIV

Help me be right with You, be gentle with whatever comes, tomorrow.


15.
"The thinness of face and fading of skin,
the pain given by damp and a hard bed
to a frail body, will hardly distress me,
for I look to have frequent visits from birds
and sunlight and Jesus the King who made me,
and my mind will be calling on Him each morning."

-Irish, 11th-12th century, from "A Hermit's Song"


19.
Yes, I even want to sacrifice.

My hands are still cold, no matter how close I inch them. Do I fall in?


20.
And this is what I thank You for:
For what is deep and everlasting,
For souls that love me in my closet days.


21.
Lord, I want to be all Yours. Pure of heart, because I am fixed on one thing - One thing.
You.


23.
This day is ending where is began: in Your arms, Jesus.
Yet it feels very different.

I walked and ran outside. Kissed the trees. Rested in the grass by the crabapple as I liked to and felt so content, Lord. Caught a glimpse of a star through the thinness of clouds. And then got one of those shocking feelings of realization, how great the world is, so many people, these clouds going somewhere else - Lord, You are great and do marvelous deeds. You will provide. You are good. You will salvage my mistakes. You will save me. You will provide friends.


24. (In the air)
Lemuel's wedding.

"You always seem to help me say things I'd never say otherwise."


26.
You've been trying to get in at the window.

Help me not feel alone in the crowd of new, help me to allow myself to be seen. Not to be coy or showy or sullen, either.
Help me to speak up for holiness - not because it is a rule, but because it is good. Help me not to wrong others by withholding love or acceptance. Help me not wrong myself by hardening myself (or abusing myself) from the love and acceptance of others.
Abba... You know I want something deep and lovely and joyful, joyous, to spring within my soul. Here I am. I am here.

Season my words.


27.
Isaiah 50:4 NIV

"The Sovereign LORD has given
me an instructed
tongue,
to know the word that
sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by
morning,
wakens my ear to listen like
one being taught."

v.7
"Because the Sovereign LORD
helps me,
I will not be disgraced.
Therefore have I set my face
like flint,
and I know I will not be put
to shame."

v. 10
"Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the word of his servant?
Let him who walks in the dark,
who has no light,
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God."



29.
Drew hands.



No comments:

Post a Comment