Sunday, March 15, 2020

To Jesus, on Self-sacrifice, December 22 2019

I cringe when I hear the call to love and worship God because He sacrificed His Son for me. The more we call You God's beloved, only begotten Son, and not GOD YOURSELF with a CHOICE and WILL and DETERMINATION TO GIVE YOURSELF, it sounds like something sadistic, that no sane, loving person would want. You want to kill your Son for me? No thanks. For goodness' sake, why this bloodthirstiness? Sounds like a psycho lover threatening to do harm if you don't love him back. Or as absurd as someone saying, "I'll murder my son and then you can use his tickets to Europe - aren't you going to thank me?"
Of course this isn't our position in the situation at all, but how does it make sense to outsiders? If there's no understanding of the deep divide of sin, the impossibility of human reparation, the SELF sacrifice of God, it sounds so twisted.
Please confirm, cement, the TRUTH spoken today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment