Sunday, March 15, 2020

Naming Sin, Prayer for Kanye, Communion of Saints, December 16 2019

Please keep helping us all to make room. I fall short in every way, as I read Matthew 5. I want to know You and know Your heart so intimately, and let Your difficult and "impossible" words form me and chafe me and feed me. I am absolutely Yours, and if I must become odd, so be it.
Living above reproach used to seem possible. I guess I figured, "against such things there is no law". That loving You and doing good would ultimately win people over. But these days, if you name sin like John, you may lose your head. You may be labelled a hater, intolerant, judgmental, proud, ignorant, repressive! And I don't see a way out of all that.

Listened to a few Kanye songs today. What surprised me most - they weren't that amazing. I mean, they were refreshing, coming from him, but I've heard better rap. Please keep him as the apple of Your eye. Bless and protect him, humble him, encourage him, give him joy, give him purpose and insight. Help him to be obedient and faithful. Help him to hold himself before Your Word, and to keep in fellowship.

Thank You that even in my very off, very gray days, I get the privilege of union with You and communion with Your saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment