Friday, October 26, 2018

I Can Run and Run and Not Outrun You, August 29 2018

PAINT IS NOT THE END
PHILOSOPHERS LEAVE THEIR PENS
AND I MY BRUSHES

I am having an Artist Date Day. I thought I should write a haiku. I looked for something ordinary to inspire me, and saw the word "paint" on the blackboard.

I have been reading a lot of Guernsey today, fit to finish it. I like it, though the movie was a little more innocent, I think. Juliet was a little less Harriet Vane.
But I like Harriet Vane. And I like this book.

One thing it is bringing to mind is how different and interesting people are, and how it is possible and necessary to love them. I think I am still Pharisaical, and also afraid not to be, because I forget, Jesus, that You were not. And I want You most. Please help me. Because I know You call me to holiness and obedience, and not therapeutic deism.
Show me who You are, don't let me make You in my image. Thank You for being big enough to handle all of this, and everything, ever. I can run and run and not outrun You.


No comments:

Post a Comment