Sunday, January 7, 2018

Zion for Whom No One Cares, December 4

I'm back home after NYC. Finished re-reading "Silence" on the ride home, and had to restrain myself from weeping in 30th Street Station.
There's a lot to write. But there's something on my mind:
Jeremiah 30:17.
"...Because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares."
I remember reading this freshman year, after eating dinner with Zion after NT class. He was the sort that gets ostracized. He was telling me strange things about the spiritual significance of triangles, and I seem to remember some boastful/ambitious talk that left me perplexed. I didn't know how to respond to him. I was both stung with compassion and repulsed. He didn't stay long. I don't even know his last name. But I can still see his topknot and startling face; pulpy, with red-rimmed eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment