Sunday, January 13, 2019

To tell. them. Truth., December 22 2018

It gives me a sense of wellbeing to see all the fat squirrels in the yard.
They are ready. They've been fed.

But, God,
the E's must be devastated right now. Please please please hold them. Speak through something, everything, to tell. them. Truth. Don't let Satan turn this into a vortex. Pour in Your blood. Pour in healing. Pour in forgiveness, desperation, hope, comfort, peace. Communion with You. Connection with others. Speak the Gospel here. Redeem, please, Lord Jesus.
Thank You for counting the hairs on our heads. For not letting anything slip. Don't let me become small and tight and fake. Please keep bringing me back to the REAL. To You on silky black nights, back roads and watery reflections.
The breathless proximity to death. The breathless proximity to heaven.
I glimpsed the moon tonight. It is almost full. Fill my mouth. Fill me.
Squeeze me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment