Sunday, June 10, 2018

Tryst, April 15 2018

Help me tryst with You in these few stolen minutes, while I wait for them to respond.

Today was wonderful, sleeping in and missing church and feeling that it was from You. It's abruptly chilly again, and wet. But I went out on the back deck this afternoon, and flung open my arms. I sang, "The World! The Moon! The Sun!" and a raven began cawing just as I stared to sing "Caw! Caw! Caw!"
You're such fun.

I want to talk about the things I really care about. What do I want? I want You. More than anything. Heaven is empty without You, and earth is ash. But You charge everything with meaning. Please bring us back.

Remind me that there is hope. Please keep providing for me. Give me what You know I need to live, to be generous, to sow. To travel. To keep painting and doing whatever You want me to do. Please help me to love others. Show me how to bring You my heart, so that I'm not so protective of it, so afraid, exhausted. There will be enough. Help me to trust Your abundance.

Please prepare me for sacrifice. Please prepare me for commitment, trust, joy. Keep me receptive. Give me wisdom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment