Sunday, June 10, 2018

What You Do for Me, June 3 2018

I left just in time. The drive was very smooth, though I was in strange headspaces a few times: out of it, or dreaming, or suddenly hyper-aware and sweaty. But I drove well.

I took the Merritt Parkway. At one point the surging trees, tousled by the wind, looked like seaweed rolling underwater.
It was a beautiful, Princess Mononoke-esque sensation.

I saw a dead deer that look for a second like a tiger, the cuts in its flesh were so dark against its golden brown hide. I saw a wild turkey stalking in the grass by the road, and mistook it momentarily for a vulture. I saw a dead little rabbit and thought it looked like a fennec fox.

Don't let me mistake You.
I am amazed, God, at what You do for me. The walls are coming down. Thank You for giving me what I needed, including faith and peace. And so very few regrets. Because of Your grace. And because I am choosing again to live in love.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you arrived safely to our home and safely back. I hope you had a lovely time, you came in like a sweet fairy queen, dispelling your talents like gold fairy dust, sweetly blessing everyone around you and then poof you were gone! Come back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I only just saw this! Thank you Alison. :D I certainly do hope to come back! It was such a deeply beautiful time with all of you.

      Delete