Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Only a Rill, October 10

I was happy to be alive today. I was more aware of it than usual.

And even so, nothing was whole, nothing complete or satisfactory. Acceptable, but. Kick me with desire, again!
Sometimes I'm startled by the passion inside of me. Other times I'm appalled by my lack of passion, like Casaubon, who expected to let loose a river of emotion and desire, and found it only a rill.

I don't want to be dead, jaded, numb. But neither do I want to rely on my next emotional high. You delight in subtleties. And emotions are meant to move me toward You (either in embracing them or refusing them). Felt, then handed over.

Some things I won't even write down. But You will collect and sift it all, and You will make enduring whatever should endure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment