Sunday, February 26, 2017

This Year (Jan 5)

I'll tell you what,
Six hours of sleep feels so good.
I am still stiff and thick, but I want to kiss the window and wear a long,
soft dress. I want to come awake.

I want this year to be one of Your increase in me, of my life being crushed
so that I can be the precious fragrance of Christ.

I want to write songs that are more private, that are more public.
Songs that will carry mystery to the disinterested and clarity to the thirsty.
I want to be a bold voice for justice. I want to give me.
I want to rest and meditate and choose fruitfulness over bitterness,
busyness, and leave the definition of "fruitfulness" to You.

I want to eat and breathe and sweat and sh** and exhale righteousness.
I want to be so in love with You that anything less is laughable,
more absurd than Warhol tossing taffy.
I want to become raw to the holy, to let it burn me,
to understand why the whole universe is about the Name of Jesus.
You are worthy
You are worthy of Your Name,
Jesus. 





Italics: "You Are Worthy" (Brown, Younker, Curran)

No comments:

Post a Comment