Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tramping

Jai ho - you are my destiny.
Yes,
I am your lady, digging my head out from the sand.
My love rips an opening above me, my arms flail and strain upwards, to break through the skylight, to hold nothing back. My thick hands, thick feet choose obedience.
I am surrounded by your love like a hurricane, a mote, an irresistible joy.
I laugh at my reflection. And I swallow a lump in my throat:
I am what I asked to be, and not what I wanted to be.
You are my refuge, my every-moment-choice-of-patience, my four-sailed ship going north, my head's perfect gap between two chairs, to fall through.
And,
Yes,
You will dance with me on our wedding night.




Credits: 
A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire, "Jai Ho"
The Mew, "Zookeeper's Boy"
Matisyahu: "King Without a Crown"
Phil Wickham: "After Your Heart"
Audio Adrenaline: "Hands and Feet"
David Crowder Band: "How He Loves"
King Charles: "Love Lust"
Newsboys: "Joy"
M. Night Shyamalan's The Village.



No comments:

Post a Comment