Sunday, February 17, 2019

American Football, January 21 2019

I did get invested in the game, and the last quarter (into overtime) was so intense I had to remind myself to breathe. I wanted the Chiefs to win, but the conclusion was pretty satisfactory anyway. A really good game. Tough calls by refs, but I agreed with most of them.

I'd watch more football if I cared like this, but it wouldn't be good for me. It's such a strange world. And once you buy into it, you forget a lot of other realities. You forget how messed up it is. You forget the shameful amounts of money. The toxic masculinity. The sex trafficking. The brain damage. The beer commercials - or at least, you forget what they're trying to sell you. You get a little brainwashed, feel a little more American. 

No comments:

Post a Comment