Sunday, June 21, 2020

Listless, May 8 2020

Dear Jesus, please help me. I feel very gray and stupid. Wanting things inordinately. Being horribly careless about other things and people.

I want to be able to shop at BB's and thrift stores and to borrow movies from the library. I want to swing dance and contra dance, and sing at church, and hold babies, and pet dogs. And I want to play music with friends.

I don't want to talk on the phone. And I'm itchy to check messages, but at the same time I don't want to reply to anything. And my food feels tiresome and monotonous. And my work feels the same. I don't feel much need for money, although I guess I'd rather make it than not.

It's cold and damp outside. I am such a spoiled, ignoble humbug. Please. Help.
Please stir me up to love again. Help me do the next little thing attentively, willingly, obediently, joyfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment