Friday, August 16, 2019

In the Details, June 20 2019

Thank You for answering my prayer and helping me capture that fly, so annoying in the kitchen. He bumped into my eyebrow and arm and I heard myself bluster, "This is unacceptable!" and felt myself smile. When I turned off other lights he followed me to the bathroom, where I was able to corner and catch him mid-air with a Lysol wipe. Thanks a lot.
Man. Reading L.B. talking about You, about not believing You can be involved in all the little intimate daily ways, intervening, since how could You allow genocide? makes me ask myself how I see You. So much of the reason why I believe in You and love You is because I believe we have a relationship, and that You are constantly involved in every aspect of my life. I come into trouble when I ignore or forget that. Please show me Yourself in this time; I don't want to putter, eating mustard pretzels and watching Disney movies and making a pretty picture or two. I want to be like a force of nature, changing things, helping things grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment