Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Open Wide Your Mouth, August 26

I'm struggling with this, Lord. I don't know if I can celebrate being Yours if I believe that others are irrevocably damned. Damnation itself is so terrible a thought, and right now it's hard to want heaven. What I know is what I have for context. I'm too touchy-feely, I know, but I can't be excited about what feels artificial and confusing to me right now. Please help me trust your patience on this, because if I'm too rushed I could snap. Could shut down, turn away.

I know that part of this is my own idolatry - wanting You to be what I want. Wanting praise from men. Wanting to be secure. Wanting, perhaps, an excuse to take more "liberties" - to indulge in sin. Don't let me become a slave again. You Yourself know who took me out of Egypt. Who made me brave. Who gave me a heart to love others in the first place. Who gave me any love I possess for the pure and noble and good.

Help me to hear what YOU are saying, and to be obedient to it.
Tonight You are saying,
"Open wide your mouth and I will fill it."

No comments:

Post a Comment