Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Muchness, August 11

So much today. Much of a muchness. The last store time. It went pretty well, all things considered. The fritzy iPad felt like predictable calamity, but it could have been worse. We finished well. You DID give me love and sweetness for the girls. And the chance to do kind things for people, give little gifts. I got to give 3 ½ back massages, and take dressy photos, and give lots of hugs.

But there is such a sadness today, and not all of it is the sweet sorrow of finishing the summer.
They lost the baby.
Lord Jesus, they need Your truth and comfort so much right now. Protect them as they grieve. Help this bring them closer to each other, to bring others around them, and to bring them deeper into fellowship with You. You, who have also lost a child.

Lord, I praise You. For giving and taking away. For acting out of Your perfect wisdom, love, and power. In Your righteousness.
I feel Your tender care tonight. In the way You orchestrated my time and energies. The beautiful bonfire, music and dance and baby-holding and singing in rounds, and the nudge that it was time to leave.
I prayed. You brought me where I needed to be, with what I needed. Keep my ears attuned and my eyes open to You. Keep me resting as I go along; things may not slow down too much between now and death.

Take tonight. Tomorrow. Keep me following You, moment by moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment