Wednesday, July 4, 2012

The Oddest Hours


We’re out in the grass with the damp in our hair,
I look like a crazy, but you never care.
And the houselights wink in the dark,
And you tuck my arm in your arm.

You still wake me up at the oddest hours, 
and I don’t mind

The mockingbird sings and the chimes chime,
We climb on the swings and we swing in time
(Oh, time).

Where are the days of the meteor nights,
When we wrapped up in blankets and turned out the lights?
And my father would smile at the sky,
And my mother would wonder and sigh.

We’d huddle together in green plastic chairs,
And the meteor lights would career through the air.
It was then that I started to love
Broken nights with the lights up above.

And you still wake me up at the oddest hours, 
and I don’t mind.

And Orion stands, and the Pleiades dance in the sky...
Who can bind
The sisters
The brothers
The fathers
The mothers
The lovers?
My Lover…

You still wake me up at the oddest hours, 
and I don’t mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment